Tiny Whale Surf Lodge offers fully catered, weekly surf holidays with high-quality surf coaching in small groups for individual focus.
Jan is the designer and coach of Tiny Whale's intermediate and advanced courses. With over nine years of experience and extensive knowledge of the Portuguese coasts, Jan is the perfect coach for surfers looking to enhance their surf skills. As an ISA Level 2 instructor and a qualified personal trainer, he's an expert in his field, trained to develop and lead courses from novice levels through to advanced and competition ready surfers.
Miri is Tiny Whale’s fully qualified in-house yoga instructor. As a certified Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®), she has over seven years teaching experience, regularly attending continued teacher training workshops all over the world. She brings the most up to date knowledge and proven techniques to her classes, making use of both traditional and modern perspectives.
from France, October 2017
from Great Britain, November 2019
Roxy week was an incredible week! Everything from the friendliness of the staff, the food and the amazing inspirational women I met. It was honestly such a great week. The surf coaching was great, a special thanks to Ana, for being so supportive and not giving up on me! Miri the yoga instructor was incredible too. All the food was delicious, and I loved having coffee and cake everyday haha. I will be back :)
from Switzerland, October 2019
"The best surf and yoga lodge ever!"
I’ve been to a few surf and yoga retreats, but this one by far beats all the rest!
The entire team members are simply wonderful, warm and extremely caring. The new accommodation is beautiful and comfortable, the rooms are spacious and the entire lodge has a real homey atmosphere. The surf instructors go out of their way to offre the highest quality of surf coaching and guiding. The yoga is both deeply healing and invigorating. The food is simply amazing!
A huge thanks to Tariq (Tak), Chris, Shaf and Anna for their deeply professional surf coaching and their good vibes and energy, both in the water and during on land training (surf skating and theory sessions). Tak, I’m so grateful for having spent a week with you and the progress you have guided me to!
A hearty and warm thanks to Miri who’s deep and inspiring yoga practice left me speechless after each session. I will carry your words of wisdom with me and hope to continue on the path you’ve lead us on!
Katie, thank you so much for putting your heart and love into your cooking, and for spoiling us with your delicious recipes! I’ll keep an eye out for your book (you should definitely create one!)
Jess, Hannah, Flo, thank you so much for taking such good care of us all and for making us feel at home at your lodge!
This week was one of the best in a long time, thank you all for being there for us and I look forward to seeing you soon next year!
Warm hugs to all,
from Spain, August 2019
Everything. The team is amazing. The house is fantastic. The food is really good and really healthy. It was my first retreat experience and won't be the last. What an amazing week. It also helped out a lot that the other 10 persons at the lodge were amazing hunan beings. We had a blast and we learned how to surf and how to practice yoga (life changing for me).
from Great Britain, September 2017
"First time solo traveller"
It was my first time travelling solo, so I was a bit nervous before arriving, but instantly felt welcome when i arrived. Everyone there- workers and visitors created a great atmosphere. What I had planned as a retreat turned into a few party days due to the great people I met there. The surfing instructors were really good too and the yoga teacher is amazing!
from Austria, September 2017
"Different than expected but still relaxing"
I really liked how open everyone was there, how they managed to make everyone feel welcome. The chef did great work as well - the pizzanight and the bbq night were the best nights!!
from Panama, October 2017
"No descarto regresar en el futuro. Muy bueno!!"
- La comida (mejor que en hoteles cinco estrellas)
- El lugar (algo lejos de la ciudad, pero vale la pena el ambiente campestre y de granja que tiene el lugar) Te puedes quedar sin hacer nada en el hostal y igualmente la vas a pasar super bien.
- La noche en la que haces tu propia pizza. (increíble experiencia)
- La música super buena y crea un ambiente relajado(deberían de vender la lista de reproducción)
- Las clases de Yoga. (Miri es excelente) Las clases fueron variadas, para todos los niveles y sobre todo con muy buen ambiente. El estudio esta ubicado al aire libre y es increíble ver el atardecer entre los arboles de frutas mientras haces yoga. La profesora te trasmite muy buena energía lo que hace que todas las personas quieran ir a clase.
- El servicio no es 5 estrellas (mucha gente joven y relajada) sin embargo es muy superior al de otros hostales que he estado, todos son educados, agradables e incluso en ciertos momentos puedes compartir buenos momentos con ellos.
- El surf. Aprendí varias cosas nuevas, nos llevaron a diferentes playas lo que estuvo muy bueno y los instructores son bastante profesionales.