Want to share your passion for surfing with our community? You can get published on the On & Beyond the Surfboard blog!
We’re always looking for new authors who want to share information about various topics relevant to surfing and surfing travel. Through our blog, we aim to contribute to the growth and development of the global surfing community by sharing useful information on surfing spots, personal stories, interviews with pro surfers, news, as well as a variety of articles on water sports, gear, equipment, accessories, and adventure travel. We welcome you to be a part of this continuous goal!
By contributing to our blog, you will be able to make your voice heard and share your experience and expertise with surfing communities and avid travelers worldwide.
If you’d like to see your work posted on our site, pitch your ideas to [email protected]. Just follow the easy steps below and your name might soon be on our blog!
1. Choose a category for your article/blog post.
- Surf Tips & Tricks
- Surf News
Kelly Slater is Retiring, Mavericks Just Introduced a Women’s Heat, etc.
- Surf Travel Destinations
The Most Popular European Destinations for Surfers, Best Beaches in Australia, Where to Surf in Europe?, etc.
- Surf Travel Destinations Top Lists
10 Hawaii Beaches for SUP, 7 Portugal Beaches for Big Wave Surfing, etc.
- Surf Camps Tips
10 Things Not to Do on a Surf Camp, What is Proper Surf Camp Etiquette?, etc.
- Personal Stories
A Profile on Julien Wilson, How Surfing Changed My Life, etc.
Inside the Mind of Laird Hamilton, An Interview with Bethany Hamilton, etc.
- Water Sports
An Introduction to Kitesurfing, Big Wave Surfing - How to Get Started, Sea Kayaking, River Rafting, etc.
- Surfing Equipment, Gear & Accessories
The 10 Best All-Rounder Surfboards for Your Everyday Surfing Sessions, Best Surfing Accessories, etc.
2. Pitch 3-5 ideas to our editorial team
Pitch a minimum of 3 suggestions, but feel free to include more. You’ll hear back from us within 2-3 days after you send your email.
3. Time to write
Once your topic has been approved, it’s time to write. Please stick to the following guidelines:
- Use standard American English.
- Use correct punctuation, spelling, and grammar. Articles containing grammar errors will not be considered for publication.
Keep your article between 800 and 1,500 words (including image captions and title). Anything shorter will not be considered for publication.
Note: We’ll edit your submission as needed. If you don’t agree with some of the changes, let us know and we’ll gladly discuss to find a solution that works for both parties.
- Provide at least 5 clear, hi-resolution pictures related to topics discussed in the article itself. If you don’t have your own photos, you can use royalty free images online.
- Format: JPEG/JPG/PNG.
- Size: minimum width of 800 px.
- Horizontal format preferred.
- List all image sources to avoid copyright infringement.
- You can include a maximum of 2 links to your own website or a specific page or blog post within the article.
- If you cite a source, research or quote, please include a link to an external website to support it. As much as possible, please make sure that the claims and arguments within the article are backed up by accredited sources and link to the scientific studies/evidence accordingly.
- The links should always add value to our readers and fit in the context of the article.
- Links to websites that directly compete with BookSurfCamps or any other Tripaneer themed travel site are not allowed.
- Links to websites promoting products or services that don’t align with Tripaneer’s philosophy are not allowed. This includes but is not restricted to links to websites that relate to gambling, drugs, sexual services, hunting, etc.
4. Sign your work and include your bio and headshot
- Before you send your submission, please be sure to also include a brief bio/boilerplate about the author. This excerpt will be posted at the bottom of the published post.
E.g. Octavia is a travel writer for BookSurfCamps.com. She is a passionate mountaineer, rock climber and adventure addict who feels just as comfortable high on the rocks as she does deep down in the sea.
- Send your headshot to go along with your bio. Any picture where our readers can see your face will work.
5. Send your submission
Once you’re satisfied with your content, send it directly to our editor in charge who approved your topic or to [email protected]. Our team will review it and, if approved, will schedule it for publication within 2-3 weeks.
6. Share your own post and spread the word about Tripaneer
- Show that you’re proud of your work! Share the article on social media. We’ll also share your blog post across all our platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Newsletter & Instagram).
- Feel free to contribute another post. You can also submit an article to any of our other themed travel blogs under Tripaneer.com (Yoga, Safaris, Motorcycles, Martial Arts, Culinary, Meditation, Detox, Yoga Teacher Training, Horse Riding).
- THANK YOU -