Want to share your passion for surfing with our community? You can get published on BookSurfCamps.com’s blog!
We’re always looking for new authors who want to share information about various topics relevant to surfing and surfing travel. Through our blog, we aim to contribute to the growth and development of the global surfing community by sharing useful information on surfing spots, personal stories, interviews with pro surfers, news, as well as a variety of articles on water sports, gear, equipment, accessories, and adventure travel. We welcome you to be a part of this continuous goal!
By contributing to our blog, you will be able to make your voice heard and share your experience and expertise with surfing communities and avid travelers worldwide. Should you have any suggestions about our blog or our site, please feel free to let us know! Whenever possible, we’ll do our best to respond and implement your ideas in a timely manner.
If you’d like to see your work posted on our site, pitch your ideas to [email protected]. Follow the guidelines below and we’ll reply within 1 (one) week.
Ready to create and submit your content? Follow these 4 easy steps:
1. Choose a category for your article/blog post.
- Surf Tips e.g. 25 Tips for Beginner Surfers, 5 Tips for Choosing a Surf Beach, etc.
- Surf News e.g. Kelly Slater is Retiring, Mavericks Just Introduced a Women’s Heat, etc.
- Surf Travel Destinations e.g.The Most Popular European Destinations for Surfers, Best Beaches in Australia, Where to Surf in Europe?, etc.
- Surf Travel Destinations Top Lists e.g. 10 Hawaii Beaches for SUP, 7 Portugal Beaches for Big Wave Surfing, etc.
- Surf Styles e.g.: Kitesurfing Tips for Beginners, River Surfing in North America, Tackling Big Wave Surfing, etc.
- Surf Camps Tips e.g. 10 Things Not to Do on a Surf Camp, What is Proper Surf Camp Etiquette?, etc.
- Surfer Personal Stories e.g.: A Profile on Julien Wilson, How Surfing Changed My Life, etc.
- Surfer Tales Interview e.g. Inside the Mind of Laird Hamilton, An Interview with Bethany Hamilton, etc.
- Surf Styles e.g. An Introduction into Kitesurfing, Big Wave Surfing - How to Get Started, etc.
2. Create an article/blog post that meets the guidelines.
Please keep your article between 800 to 1,500 words (including image captions and title).
Note: With the permission of the author, BookSurfCamps.com would require the right to edit the submitted guest article/blog post as necessary.
- Provide 5 clear, hi-resolution pictures;
- Pics should be related to the topics discussed in the article itself;
- Format: JPEG/JPG/PNG;
- Size: min of 500 KB and max of 2 MB;
- List image sources (to avoid copyright infringement). Please submit caption and image credit.
Include links within the article/ post:
- The article or blog post should contain a maximum of 3 links.
- The links can be to the website’s/blog’s URL or a specific page/post within the website/blog.
- The links may also be used to cite a source.
- The links should always benefit or add value for readers. They should fit in context and provide with relevant/useful information.
- For businesses/companies/websites that do or do not directly compete with BookSurfCamps.com, a link to the site’s or blog’s homepage is allowed. However, links to pages that list specific products/services that are in direct competition with BookSurfCamps.com (i.e. travel packages, surf camps) are not allowed as we strive to provide our community with articles free of excessive promotion.
Note: Businesses/companies/websites that are in competition with BookSurfCamps.com, whether directly or indirectly, who wish to submit a guest post must have a Domain Authority (DA) that is similar or higher than BookSurfCamps.com.
3. Include an author’s bio.
- Before you send your article, please be sure to also include a brief bio/boilerplate about the author. This excerpt will be posted on the bottom of the published article/blog post.
E.g. Cristina is a writer for BookSurfCamps.com, a themed surf website offering a vast collection of surf camps and vacations. She is also a passionate traveler, cat aficionado and novice writer.
4. Sharing to website/blog and social media.
- Once published, BookSurfCamps.com will share your article/blog post on its social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest & Instagram).
- In exchange, we request for our guest bloggers/websites to link back to our homepage and/or landing page.
- THANK YOU -