Surf's Up - Surfing Stats and Facts [Infographic]
We're expert surf travellers and we love helping you. BookSurfCamps is the largest surf travel website with 2281 unique listings in 244 destinations around the world.
Discover Surf Camps now
Have you ever wondered what are some of the most popular surf destinations in the world? We’ve got an infographic that will hopefully answer a lot of your questions!
We sifted through our data to bring you some interesting stats and facts about surfing. If you’re curious to know what are the most popular surfing destinations, we’ve got the answer. If you want to join in on the fun and find out which surf style is the most beloved, we’ve got that answer too!
According to data we’ve collected over the past years, the most popular surfing destinations around the world are:
- Bali, Indonesia – it’s no surprise that Bali is one every surfer’s bucket list. Check out our ultimate surfing guide to Bali!
- Sri Lanka – a tropical surfing paradise, Sri Lanka is also quite affordable!
- Portugal – the ‘Brazil of Europe’ is a favorite summer surfing destination.
- Australia – check out the best beaches in Victoria to hang ten!
- Costa Rica – if you’re planning to go surfing in Costa Rica, we have a guide to the waves you should not miss out on.
- Spain – make sure you also check our guide to surfing in Spain, an introduction to the 12 best waves in the Land of the Setting Sun.
- Thailand – when it comes to surfing in Thailand, there’s something for every level and taste.
- Morocco – for a unique experience, head to Morocco for some awesome surfing and kitesurfing camps at the Atlantic.
- Indonesia – the world’s largest archipelago has more surfing spots than one can count, but we’ve put together a list with the 43 best surfing spots in Indonesia.
- The Philippines – check out our surfing guide to The Philippines and find out which waves to add to your bucket list!
If you’re a water sports lover who has always wondered what are the most popular surfing styles out there, we’ve got that answer too:
- Kitesurfing – a surface water sport that brings together elements from snowboarding, skateboarding, windsurfing, wakeboarding and paragliding into one exciting activity.
- Windsurfing – combining elements of surfing and sailing, windsurfing can be practiced on small waves too.
- Wave Surfing
- Stand-up paddle boarding – these days, SUP-ing is the new rage. We have some good reasons why you should try stand-up paddling.
- Longboard surfing
- Body Boarding
- Big Wave Surfing – certainly not for the faint-hearted, big wave surfing implies riding waves that are 20 feet (6.2 m) or higher.
- Tow-in Surfing
If you’re thinking about joining a surf camp, here are the most popular options:
- Surf and yoga camps
- Beginner camps
- Budget surf camps
- Surf camps for teens
- Solo traveler’s camps
- Surf camps for adults
- All-inclusive camps
- Intermediate camps
- Surf camps for families
Which of our most popular surf styles do you like? In the mood for some surf and yoga camps? Then head on over to our website and take your pick!