Our Surf Retreats are designed to give you the personal coaching you need to improve your skills in the surf while having fun & enjoying the beauty of Maui.
Surf Camps (2)
from United States, May 2018
"Only problem is I didn't want to leave :)"
• Beautiful location: Overlooks Launiupoko Beach & all the way to Lanai. See surf conditions & swells come in from a king’s mountain view, in comfort, surrounded by fruit trees & permaculture
• Amazing hosts: I felt like I got to experience Maui like a local but from world-class athletes. Welcoming & motivating
• Successful surf lessons: I came to Maui solely to learn to wave surf. Maui Sports Adventures provided surfboard & comprehensive instruction from a knowledgeable instructor. I’m at beginner level. I appreciate the time Matty took to explain the layout of the Maui reefs & channels & what to expect when I got back to California beaches. Matty is a pro surf & pro teacher. Safety seemed to be the most important thing, the second being where the BEST spot was to catch the most waves. He gave me a lot of help, queuing & physically pushing me onto waves but I came back to CA & caught a few waves on my own since, so I consider it a successful trip
• Sports & Adventures: SUP stand up paddle board & yoga sessions with Kim were a motivating way to start up the days. She also took me on an Iao Valley expedition to see the needle & heritage gardens
• Perfect Weather: Maui is known for microclimates but this spot in Launiupoko was the most consistent sunny w/ rainbow weather on Maui’s south eastern side. If I took Honoapiilani Hwy east to Lahaina or west to Kihei, I would always hit patches of downpours / winds
• Food: Best Papaya goes to Maui Sports Adventures