Our Surf Retreats are designed to give you the personal coaching you need to improve your skills in the surf while having fun & enjoying the beauty of Maui.
Surf Camps (2)
from Germany, November 2019
"nice family, no provided breakfast as advertised"
- last surf lessons that were as promised lasting 2hours
- when there was a bushfire and I was stuck to East side of the island, family helped with accommodation
from Italy, September 2019
This is a hidden gem! Not very advertised, as they prefer to keep it low-key, word of mouth kind of place. You get to learn from people you have had surfing genes for generations, I don’t think that there is a single family on this planet who has won as many world/national titles with any kind of board as the Schweitzers. Most importantly they know how to transmit the knowledge, I went from a soft surfboard to a regular longboard in 5 days, starting with very little experience. The location of the retreat is beautiful and you get treated like family. Couldn’t ask for more!
from United States, May 2018
"Only problem is I didn't want to leave :)"
• Beautiful location: Overlooks Launiupoko Beach & all the way to Lanai. See surf conditions & swells come in from a king’s mountain view, in comfort, surrounded by fruit trees & permaculture
• Amazing hosts: I felt like I got to experience Maui like a local but from world-class athletes. Welcoming & motivating
• Successful surf lessons: I came to Maui solely to learn to wave surf. Maui Sports Adventures provided surfboard & comprehensive instruction from a knowledgeable instructor. I’m at beginner level. I appreciate the time Matty took to explain the layout of the Maui reefs & channels & what to expect when I got back to California beaches. Matty is a pro surf & pro teacher. Safety seemed to be the most important thing, the second being where the BEST spot was to catch the most waves. He gave me a lot of help, queuing & physically pushing me onto waves but I came back to CA & caught a few waves on my own since, so I consider it a successful trip
• Sports & Adventures: SUP stand up paddle board & yoga sessions with Kim were a motivating way to start up the days. She also took me on an Iao Valley expedition to see the needle & heritage gardens
• Perfect Weather: Maui is known for microclimates but this spot in Launiupoko was the most consistent sunny w/ rainbow weather on Maui’s south eastern side. If I took Honoapiilani Hwy east to Lahaina or west to Kihei, I would always hit patches of downpours / winds
• Food: Best Papaya goes to Maui Sports Adventures
from Canada, December 2019
"This place and family are both amazing!"
This is a family run camp, and it's clear the entire family is dedicated to making your stay on Maui the best it can be. The surf instructors are world class, and the property is absolutely beautiful.
I was injured on my first day, and so had to spend a few days out of the water. The entire family chipped in with recommendations on where to go and when. On two of the afternoons different family members joined me as private tour guides. They all love Maui and are a wealth of knowledge on the island. They also extended my stay free of charge, so I could get in a few days of surfing in after I recovered.
from United States, October 2019
"Little piece of heaven on Maui"
Learning to paddleboard on waves, lessons every morning and afternoon! Perfect!
from Australia, September 2019
"A surf camp that you don’t want to leave"
With out a doubt the best part of the whole experience was the family feel that the whole team gave us while we stayed there. We were immediately welcomed into their world and then shown so many skillful and helpful ways to our path towards surfing.
The instructors were too notch being all pros and champs from many water sports and had us surfing in no time. They were simply amazing.